Important to Keep in Mind:
- The minimum age for participation in the Popular Skate is 8 years of age celebrated by the day of the event.
- All participannts under the age of 18 need to present official authorization for minors which can be found on the registration section of the event´s official website. Also all participants under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or older at all times (parents, family, instructor, etc).
- The course is 6.000m long, in which all participants must complete the one lap.
- The maximum duration in which participants must finish the event is 60 minutes.
The Popular Skate is governed in accordance with the following regulations:
Article 1: ACCEPTANCE
The organizing committee reserves the right to make modifications that it deems beneficial to the competition. By registering, all participants accept the current regulations and, in the case of technical claims, submit themselves to the decisions of the Organizing Committee.
Article 2: SAFETY
The use of a hard helmet is obligatory. All forms of protection are recommended.
Article 3: BIB NUMBER
The bib must be placed firmly on the left leg so that it may remain completely visible.
Article 4: SCHEDULE
The start for all participants is at 09:00h.
The start and finish are both situated at la Plaza de Colón.
The course is comprised of a 6.000 meter lap, which participants have a maximum of 60 minutes to complete. Participants who are not able to complete the distance in the designated amount of time are required to stop regardless of position.
The cutoff for all participants is 10:00h.
Article 5: PRIZES
This is not a competitive skate, as such there will not be any prizes distributed to the victors in any capacity.
Once the event has reached a conclusion however, there will be a raffle for all participants.
Article 6: CATEGORIES
Because this is just a popular skate, which is NOT competitive, there are no distinguishable set categories needed.
Article 7: SECURITY
The Popular Skate of the Madrid International Rollerblading Marathon is an event that requires adequate physical fitness and skill on the part of the participants such as having the ability to handle oneself in a large group of rollerbladers.
Article 8: SECURITY
It is strictly prohibited to closely tail any motor vehicle, bicycle, etc., as if grabbing hold of any of them, all of which is cause for disqualification.
Article 9: NORMS
All registered participants in the Popular Skate event of the Madrid International Rollerblading Marathon agree to respect and adhere to all the rules set for the event, especially regarding abandonment of the event if any judges or organization members decide that their skill and/or fitness level is inadequate, or if the alotted time for completion of the event has been reached.
Article 10: VEHICLES
The course will be completely closed off from traffic ad the only vehicles that are permitted to follow the event are those designated by the Organization which are sufficiently authorized and identified.
Article 11: NORMS
Any situation not explicitely mentioned in these rules and regulations will be governed in accordance with the General Regulations of Competitions of the Spanish Skating Federation.
Article 12: INSURANCE
All officially registered participants are covered via an insurance policy offered by the Organization, which will cover accidents that occur as a direct result of the proceedings of the event.
Article 13: DISQUALIFICATIONS
Only those participants who have been officially registered, who can demonstrate proof through the official and original bib number, will be granted the right to enjoy any of the services and installations offered throughout the event or at the finish (provisions, sanitary assistance, changing rooms, etc). Their bib must be perfectly visible, must not be bent or altered in any manner, on all designated locations, as outlined in article 3 of these regulations. The organization will not permit the participation or entrance to the course for individuals who do not comply with the previously mentioned requisites, or participate in the race without a bib or one that is falsified, prompting immediate expulsion upon discovery.
Article 14: PUBLICATION
The distribution of publication from other entities or clubs who have not been in prior contact with the organization is prohibited, as is any form of their publication on the day of the event.
Article 15: SECURITY
The use of headphones is prohibited during the race to ensure all participants are able to hear the judges and any surrounding noise from the competition.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WHO PARTAKE IN THE FOLLOWING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT:
- Put other participants and/or Organization personnel in physical danger.
- Participating with a bib assigned to another participant.
- Reach the finish without a bib.
- Alter or hide the bib from plain sight.
- Participating without an orginal assigned bib throughout the entirety of the event.
- Lending or giving one´s bib (of this edition or any other) to other participants.
- Not respecting the instructions given by the Organization.
- Not leaving the course once the alotted time has been reached (10:00h). This indication will be expressed by the Organization´s personnel who will be situated at the event.
Once an individual has registered, they forfeit the right to reclaim the registration fee if they no longer choose to participate. They should, however, inform the organization of their decision to no longer attend at their earliest convenience. If the event needs to be suspended for whatever reason outside of the organization´s control (storms, earthquake, etc.), the registartion fee will not be returned, instead it will serve to guarantee a spot in the event for the following year.