Important to keep in mind:
• The minimum age to participate in the Marathon is 16 years of age celebrated before the day of the race.
• The minimum age to participate in the 24K is 14 years of age celebrated before the day of the race.
• All the participants under the age of 18 should present the “OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATION FOR MINORS” that can be found in the registration section of the event’s official website.
• Those participants who tire and cannot go on as quickly will not be eliminated, however, they should proceed via the exterior of the course.
• The maximum duration to complete the course is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
• The course has a distance of 9.048m, of which an additional 6.003m has to be added for the initial loop, making for a total of 42.195m for the marathon, after completing four laps and the initial loop.
• In the case of the 24kK, the course has a distance of 9.048m, of which an additional 6.003mhas to be added for the initial loop, making for a total of 24.000m after completing two laps and the initial loop.
The Marathon and the 24k both adhere to the following regulations:
Article 1: The Event
The 5th International Madrid Skating Marathon Grand Prix IBERCAJA will take place on the 24th of June, 2018. The organizing committee reserves the right to make modifications for the betterment of the event. All participants, as a result of their registration accept the following regulations and, in the case of technical reclamations, will submit to the decisions of the Organizing Committee.
Article 2: Protections
The use of a rigid helmet is OBLIGATORY, it will not be possible to participate without one. Forms of protection are highly recommended.
Article 3: Bib Number
Participants should display the bib numbers visibly and in the required locations:
• Bib number on the left leg muscle
• Bib number on the left side of the helmet
• Bib number on the right side of the helmet
The bib number should stay upright and unwrinkled, so that both the number and name of the participant are clearly visible.
Article 4: Hours
The skaters will commence at 9:00.
The start and finish will be located at Plaza de Colón, in the district of Salamanca.
It will consist of two laps plus the initial loop for the 24K and 4 laps plus the initial loop for the Marathon, which completes the entire distance of the event. The finish line for skaters will close at 11:45.
Article 5: Prizes
Metal prizes will be given to the winners of both the men and women for the Marathon (500€ first man – 500€ first woman; 250€ second man – 250€ second woman; 100€ third man – 100€ third woman).
The first three men and women in both thee Marathon and 24K will be given a trophy.
Article 6: Categories
• INFANT masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
• JUVENILE masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
• JUNIOR masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
• SENIOR masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
• ABSOLUTE masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
• MASTER (30-40-50-60) masculine / feminine – federated and not federated
Article 7: Cut-off Time
The maximum amount of time to complete the full distance is 2 hours and 45 minutes. The skaters who are caught up to by the motorcycles that precede the first skater should move aside and continue on the exterior of the course upon hearing the siren.
Article 8: Distance
The International Madrid Skating Marathon Grand Prix IBERCAJA is an event that requires an adequate level of physical fitness as well as skating skill. It is important to remember that it is, in fact, a race not a leisurely activity, consisting of 24km and 42,195km for the Marathon. It is necessary to be able to conduct oneself in a group while on the track. If you think that your level is not adequate enough to take part in these races, you can participate in the free skate which is only 6km.
Article 9: Starting Line and Slipstream
The starting line will consist of two starting gates, one denoted as ELITE and the other as POPULAR. Access to these can be had through the following:
ELITE: participants for the Marathon who have a time under:
- Men: 1:10:00
- Women: 1:25:00
NOTE: Registration for access to the ELITE starting gate will end Friday, June 15, 2018.
POPULAR: All other participants for the Marathon and 24K.
It is prohibited to use the help of any motor vehicles, bicycles, etc., such as grabbing hold of any of them. This will be punished with expulsion from the event. Participants can be disqualified for using the slipstream of those ahead of them, male or female.
Article 10: Norms
All registered participants in the International Madrid Skating Marathon promise to respect the all the norms of these PRESENT regulations, especially in regard to abandoning the event if the judges or members of the organization consider that one’s skill or physical level is not adequate, or when the allotted time limit for the event has been reached. By the same token, participants who demonstrate a nonsporting attitude or present a risk for other participants will also be disqualified.
The circuit will be entirely closed off from traffic and the only vehicles that will be permitted to follow the event are those designated by the Organization that are both authorized and identified.
The use of headphones is prohibited so that all can hear the indications of the judges and what is happening throughout the course of the competition.
Any situation not written within these norms is subject to the discretion of the General Rules of Competition of the Spanish Royal Federation of Skating (RFEP).
Article 11: Insurance
All officially registered participants will be covered by an insurance policy, provided by the Organization, which will cover the accidents that occur as a direct result of the happenings of the event.
Article 12: Disqualifications
Only those participants who have officially registered, and can prove this through the original and official bib number of the event will have the right to enjoy any of the services of the event put in place throughout route and the finish line (refreshments, sanitary assistance, changing rooms, etc.) These individuals should wear their bib numbers in a perfectly visible manner in accordance with the instructions found in article 3 without bending, altering, or manipulating it. The organization will not allow the participation or entrance to the circuit for individuals that have not completely adhered to the aforementioned requirements or that participate in the event without a bib number or one that has been falsified. They will be expelled the moment they are discovered.
PARTICPANTS WHO DO THE FOLLOWING WILL BE EXPELLED FROM THE EVENT
• Participate with a “chip” or bib number assigned to another participant.
• Enter the event without a bib number.
• Alter or hide the bib number.
• Participate without the original bib number assigned for this edition of the event throughout the entire event.
• Give or facilitate the use of their bib number (of this edition or otherwise) to other participants.
• Do not pass through the control stations put in place by the Organization (chip or otherwise).
• Do not pay attention to the Organization’s instructions.
• Those who registered for the 24K will have to abandon the course once their two laps and initial loop have been completed. They cannot continue skating, and will be disqualified if they do.
Once officially registered, the individual loses the right reclaim the registration fee if they so desire to cancel it. Additionally, one should inform the organization of their decision at their earliest convenience. All disqualified participants will automatically lose all possibility of winning a prize. If due to natural causes (storm, earthquake, etc.) the event has to be suspended, the registration fee will not be returned, instead it will be saved as the individual’s registration fee for the following year.
The payment of the registration will not be reimbursed under any circumstance. The bib numbers are personal and not transferable and their title cannot be changed.
Article 13: Publication
The sharing of publication, such as that of elements of the day of the event, for other entities or clubs that have not contacted the organization for prior authorization is strictly prohibited.