Important to Keep in Mind:
- The minumum age allowed in the marathon is 16 years old.
- The minimum age allowed in the 24K is 14 years old.
- All participants under 18 years old must present the official authorization of minors which can be found in the registration section at the event´s official website.
- Participants who have been lapped will NOT be eliminated, however they should stay near the exterior of the course.
- The time limit is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- The course is 9.048m long, to which 6.003m will be added for the initial loop, bringing the total distance to 42.195m for the duration of the marathon after the completion of the 4 laps plus the initial loop.
- In regard to the 24K, the course is 9.048m long, to which 6.003m will be added for the intial loop, bringing the total distace to 24.000m after the completion of the 2 laps plus the initial loop.
Both the Marathon and the 24K are governed in accordance with the following.
Article 1: THE EVENT
The 5th International Madrid Inline Skate Marathon - Ibercaja Grand Prix will take place June 24th, 2018. The organizing committee reserves the right to make modifications to benefit and ensure the competition functions properly.
By registering, all participants accept the following rules and regulations and, in cases of technical claims, submit to the decisions of the Organizing Committee.
Article 2: SAFETY
The use of a hard helmet is OBLIGATORY, participation will not be possible otherwise. All forms of protection are highly recommended.
Article 3: BIB NUMBER
All participants should have their bib number clearly visible and in all designated positions:
- Bib on left leg muscle
- Bib on the left side of the helmet
- Bib on the right side of the helmet
The bib should remain upright and without wrinkles, so that the number, as well as the name, remain entirely visible.
Article 4: HOURS
The start of the event will take place at 9:00 a.m.
The start and end will be situated at la Plaza de Colón, Madrid.
There will be two complete laps plus the initial lap for the24K and four complete laps plus the initial loop for the Marathon, thus comprising the total distance of the event. The finsh for participants will close at 11:45h.
Article 5: PRIZES
There will be cash prizes distributed to the male and female winners of the marathon (500€ first-place male – 500€ first-place female; 250€ second-place male – 250€ second-place female; 100€ third-place male – 100€ third-place female).
The first three individuals, male or female, to finish the Marathon and 24K respectively will be given trophies as well.
Article 6: CATEGORIES
- INFANTILE masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
- JUVENILE masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
- JUNIOR masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
- SENIOR masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
- ABSOLUTE masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
- MASTER (30-40-50-60) masculine / femenine – federated and not federated
Article 7: SECURITY
The maximum designated time to finish the course is 2 hours and 45 minutes. Those participants who are reached by the motorcycles that precede the first-place athlete should, after hearing the siren, move aside and continue along the exterior of the course.
Article 8: DISTANCE
The Madrid International Rollerblading Marathon Grand Prix IBERCAJA is a race that requires an adequate physical fitness level and rollerblading skill level. Remember that despite its popularity, it is a RACE not a leisurely stroll,consisting of 24 km, and of 42,195 km for the distance of the marathon. It is necessary to be able to navigate within a large group on the course.
If you think that it is possible that your skill level is not adequate enough to participate you should consider participating in the Popular Rollerblading event which is only 6 km.
Article 9: SECURITY
It is strictly prohibited closely tail any motor vehicles, bicycles, etc, as is trying to grab hold of any of them, all of which is cause for disqualificiation.
Article 10: SECURITY
All participants registered for the International Madrid Inline Skate Marathon - Ibercaja Grand Prix agree to comply with all norms and rules especially concerning abandonment of the course when judges or organization memebers consider one`s skill and/or physical level to not be adequate. By the same token, all participants will be finished with the course as soon as the determined maximum time has been completed.
Article 11: VEHICLES
The course will be completely closed off from traffic and the only vehicles that can follow the event are those desigated by the Organization, which will always need to be thoroughly authorized and identified.
Article 12: SECURITY
Any situation that is not explicitely discussed in these regulations, will be governed in compliance with the General Rules of Competition from the Royal Spanish Skating Federation (RFEP).
Article 13: INSURANCE
All officially registered participants are covered by an insurance policy arranged by the Organization, which covers all accidents that occur as a direct consequence of the developments of the event.
Article 14: DISQUALIFICATIONS
Only those participants who have been officially registered, who can demonstrate proof through the official and original bib number, will be granted the right to enjoy any of the services and installations offered throughout the event or at the finish (provisions, sanitary assistance, changing rooms, etc). Their bib must be perfectly visible, must not be bent or altered in any manner, on all designated locations, as outlined in article 3 of these regulations. The organization will not permit the participation or entrance to the course for individuals who do not comply with the previously mentioned requisites, or participate in the race without a bib or one that is falsified, prompting immediate expulsion upon discovery.
Article 15: PUBLICATION
The distribution of publication from other entities or clubs who have not been in prior contact with the organization is prohibited, as is any form of their publication on the day of the event.
Article 16: SECURITY
The use of headphones is prohibited during the race to ensure all participants are able to hear the judges and any surrounding noise from the competition.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WHO PARTAKE IN THE FOLLOWING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES:
- Participating with a "chip" or bib from other participants.
- Reach the finish without a bib.
- Alter or hide the bib from plain sight.
- Participating without an orginal assigned bib throughout the entirety of the event.
- Lending or giving one´s bib to other participants.
- Not passing through the control stations established by the Organization (chip or otherwise).
- Not respecting the instructions given by the Organization.
- Those participating in the 24K need to exit the course once they have completed the designated two laps and initial loop. They may not continue skating, they will be disqualified if they do so.
Once an individual has registered, they forfeit the right to reclaim the registration fee if they no longer choose to participate. They should, however, inform the organization of their decision to no longer attend at their earliest convenience. Those participants who have been disqualified automatically forfeit all potential for winning a prize. If the event needs to be suspended for whatever reason outside of the organization´s control (storms, earthquake, etc.), the registartion fee will not be returned, instead it will serve to guarantee a spot in the event for the following year.
The fees paid at registration cannot be reimbursed under any circumstance. The bibs are personal and nontransferable and cannot be registered under another name.